Sunday, March 16, 2008

Just gaw-geous!

Today was a wonderful day. I don't normally work Sundays, but I had an appointment with a couple today that I had to make customized aphrodisiac blends for, so I dragged my husband to the spa with me (since I don't get to spend much time with him except on Sundays).

On our way to Pavia, driving down Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road, I felt a most blissful sensation, the most unutterable and profound joy that swelled up in my chest and made it full to bursting. It was the sight of those cherry blossom trees, the ones that bloom pure white and carpet the ground in pale pink and white petals in the springtime. At least, I think they're cherry blossom trees (I'm not sure). What I do know is I was just in awe of their beauty, and just so grateful to get to drive past them each day.

While at the spa, I got to welcome several clients and introduce them to my new herbal tea bar, which consists of 6 blends that I personally specified and had custom-formulated for Pavia. I just LOVE doing that. I LOVE introducing people to healthy ways of living, and seeing their reactions to herbs and realizing how helpful they can be.

Then I met my clients, and I started off by brewing them some aphrodisiac tea (our "Sensuali-Tea" blend consisting of rosebuds, damiana, nettles, vanilla bean, and vanilla extract). Then we created a custom aphrodisiac blend for the husband and wife together that they each really liked (what a charming couple they were). The gentleman settled on Sandalwood, Ylang ylang, Ginger, and Grapefruit, and it made for a very sensual, yet not too feminine scent. It smelled great. The wife's blend consisted of Sandalwood, Rose, Anise, and Peppermint, which was surprisingly fresh and yet sexy. I was getting very turned on myself. Hee hee! That was tons of fun.

I also showed them the differences between True Rose oil and Rose Perfume oil. I had them experience the real one and the fake one and watched, beaming, as it dawned on them that their own nose could help separate out the good stuff from the bad. I love that ah-ha moment that people have when they realize that their nose "knows" the difference!

Then after the appointment, my hubby and I went to Il Fornaio and had their "Tosto Francese," french toast smothered in berries and mascarpone cheese. I tell you, I was in heaven today right here on earth. Beauty in my eyes, beauty in my stomach. Life just can't get any better than this!

No comments: