Saturday, September 15, 2007

My guilty pleasures...


No wonder I haven't gotten around to writing a book, I keep indulging in my guilty pleasures as an escape outlet for the stress I experience around owning my own business. Here are my Top 3 (at least I have only 3, who has time for more):

1. Toontown Online: Disney hooked me with this massively multiplayer game...originally I bought a subscription and created a toon to play with my nephew Austin, but then he lost interest and I became addicted! Now I spend way more hours than I would care to admit on building up on my toons...in fact, my beloved toon, Aunt Mare, is the one who graces this particular blog entry!

2. America's Next Top Model: I have no idea why I am fascinated with this show. Perhaps it's the drama created by shoving 13 beautiful girls into one house and having them compete on how photogenic they are. Perhaps it's Tyra herself and the wisdom she dispenses as a supermodel. Yes, Tyra, easy for YOU to say that beauty is all within...you've got it all hanging out as well!

3. Fantasy novels: Yes, I love love love to read, and I love to read about people and places that are not in this world. But I don't like science fiction, I much prefer the sword-and-sorcery type fantasies. My latest favorites: The Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher, Stardust by Neil Gaiman, Firethorn by Sarah Micklem, The Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone quadrilogy by Greg Keyes, and of course, the Song of Ice and Fire by the greatest, George R. R. Martin (this one is supposed to be septology).

No comments: